Friday, February 18, 2011

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed "Body Snatchers". There is of course the element of humor that was obviously unintentional. I found the movie to be overall enjoyable, although I could not appreciate the depiction of women in the film.

I can understand how many would want to tie this film to communist themes. With the idea of the doubles all being the same, without ambition or troubles. However upon further research, the original author of the novel claimed no political connotation at all. We always seem to want to connect elements of a movie or other entertainment spheres to social issues when sometimes we should simply take it as entertainment(See Avatar). On that note, perhaps this movie was in fact meant to be a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment