Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bio: Mackenzie Thomas


My name is Mackenzie Thomas and currently I am a sophomore here at UNC-Chapel Hill. Hailing from Long Island, New York I have always loved the mix of school being cancelled for snow days and those warm (yet humid) summer days of NY. I grew up in a moderate sized town, Huntington: there are no taxis or skyscrapers, it is just a wonderful suburb located an hour train ride away from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. I am a huge sports fan, specifically of the New York Yankees and the Knicks. Soccer was my passion back in high school, but three concussions later and I had to resort to non-contact sports. I am an Economics major and am pursuing minors in Scientific Entrepreneurship and Business Administration. This summer I am journeying over to Beijing, China for over two months to intern with twenty other Carolina Entrepreneurship minors! Simply put, I cannot wait to see all that Asia has to offer.
I spend a great deal of my free time working with the Campus Y and the Chancellor’s Student Innovation Team. Additionally, I speak fluent Italian, a bit of German, and am a photography aficionada. I love all that photography has to offer, though I have yet to get seriously involved in any sort of film projects. I am not a horror movie enthusiast at the current time, but I am sure this class has the potential to change that. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment