Monday, January 17, 2011

Sarah DeBolt

Hi, my name is Sarah DeBolt! I am a senior Business Administration major with an area of emphasis in Marketing and a minor in History. I was born in Gastonia, NC but have since lived in: Greenville, MS; Kinston, NC; Lima, OH; and New Bern, NC. No, I am not an army brat – my dad’s job just involves frequent relocation. I do feel a particular connection to NC, though as I’ve spent a majority of my life here and my parents plan to retire in the state.

Scarier even than the movies we will be watching in this class are my plans to move to Chicago in July. I recently accepted a job offer there to do brand marketing with Newell-Rubbermaid. I’m looking forward to a new adventure, but NOT to the cold weather! So if you know anyone looking for a roommate in Chi-town, let me know.


I should also probably warn you all that I am extremely terrified of horror films. I think this fear is rooted in the many episodes of the X Files that I watched as a child and a creepy story that a pastor told me about exorcisms in confirmation class. The last time I watched a scary movie I woke up in the middle of the night with the feeling that someone was strangling me, so my sleep patterns this semester may be disturbed. Hopefully this course will help me to get over my irrational fears, but I’m not making any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment