Monday, January 17, 2011

Jade Poteat


Disclaimer: This particular blog editing software does not seem to have an option to underline text, so please excuse the naked movie and book titles.

Salutations! My name is Jade. I'm a first-year student double-majoring in Journalism and English. I love movies and books and dancing and singing and photography and all that good stuff. I'm from Mooresville, North Carolina, right outside of Charlotte, and I am the oldest of four kiddos (in other words, I was born to babysit). Since this is for an English/Film class, I guess it's appropriate to talk about my favorite books and movies. My favorite movie is The Darjeeling Limited which happens to have been directed by my favorite movie director, Wes Anderson. My favorite book (as of late) is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I also love anything by Joyce Carol Oates, Poe, and my all-time favorite would have to be the good ole William Faulkner (I have a knack for the morbid). I'm also kind of obsessed with languages, particularly those of Western Europe, and I love to travel (to Western Europe). Also, I love parentheses and I'm pretty laid back and overall very awesome. Plus, Dr. Miller is amazing and I'm excited to be in this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment