Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hi! My name is Jen and I am a senior exercise and sport science and sociology double major at UNC. I am from Charlotte and have lived in North Carolina my whole life. Last spring I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia and stayed through the summer to travel throughout Australia and Indonesia. I loved meeting people from all over the world and immersing myself in other cultures and hope to continue traveling after graduation in May. I can see myself living in Australia and hope I have the opportunity to go back someday. I have yet to figure out what I would like to do as a career, but have been working with kids and people with disabilities for years and would love to continue in that field.

I enjoy playing and watching sports and outdoor activities such as camping and hiking as well. I have an older brother at Appalachian State University who will also be graduating in May. He visited me for two weeks while I was in Australia and we went scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef and explored the Daintree Rainforest in northern Queensland. I enjoy watching movies though I must admit sci-fi and horror are not my favorites but I hope to gain more appreciation for those genres this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment