Monday, January 17, 2011


Hello all, my name is Kristen Marion. Like Charles I hail from Lewisville, NC. I am a senior majoring in Advertising and History. I have recently been dealing with worries that I should have been a marine biologist or a carpenter instead…or something like that. These doubts can probably be attributed to my looming graduation in May. My plans for the future are pretty much still in progress but I’m determined to travel this summer since the only time I’ve been out of the country was that once when I went to Canada for 3 hours to get out of crappy Detroit.

I’m an only child if you don’t count the horses, dogs, cats and ducks that my Mom also calls her children as my siblings…if things keep up at this pace I may have to turn her in for animal hoarding. I think it’s her way of coping with ‘empty nest syndrome’. I also share her love for animals though and miss all the critters when I come back to Chapel Hill. To name a few interesting facts about me- I am very clumsy, I went to an amazing music festival this summer, I eat an abnormal amount of carrots, and sometimes I feel like I’m already getting a little senile. I live on Cobb Terrace with 7 other girls including our lovely fellow classmate Sarah Debolt who will require hand-holding through most of the movies shown this semester. I found her hiding under the covers the last time she unwittingly watched a scary movie, Fear, thinking it was a love story about Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon. Unlike Sarah I happen to love gory horror films and science fiction so I’m thinking I will like our subject matter. There’s no way I could list all of my favorite movies but some sitting on my shelf right now are: The Green Mile, Crash, Fight Club, and Clockwork Orange. I usually love Tarantino’s work and Roman Polanski films, (despite those alleged sodomy charges that got him kicked out of the US). On a lighter note, for those of you who are fellow fans of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, you may appreciate my Halloween costume this year. Looking forward to watching some good stuff with all of you these next few months-

No comments:

Post a Comment